News:

Welcome to the new SCdev forums!

Main Menu

How to patch Opera for a slot-1 flashcart - Video

Started by sinkhead, December 27, 2006, 11:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinkhead

To run the DS Internet Browser (Opera) on a flashcart you MUST HAVE:

a) Any slot-1 flashcart (SCDS1, R4, M3 Simply, EZ-V, CycloDS Evolution etc)

b) A slot-2 flashcart that is either: A non-Rumble SuperCard, an M3 Perfect or G6 Lite OR an EZ-Flash 3 in 1

c) A patched Opera ROM

For the patched ROM you can use the command line patching tool found here (all patches included). Instructions for using command line:
1. Make a folder in C: called something like Opera, I'll refer to this as <FOLDER>
2. Extract all the files into <FOLDER>
3. Click Start > Run
4. Type 'cmd' without 's and press Enter
5. Type 'C:' and press Enter
6. Type 'cd <FOLDER>' and press enter
7. Type 'bspatch.exe <OLDFILE> <NEWFILE> <PATCHFILE>' then press enter
    An example of this command would be 'bspatch.exe opera.nds opera_patched.nds supercard.bdf'
8. Find <NEWFILE> in <FOLDER> and copy to MicroSD card

Alternatively use the IPS patches, for the M3, the SuperCard, the G6 Lite or the the EZ-Flash 3 in 1 Lite. They are all about 2.6 Mbytes except the 3 in 1 which is around 1kb. Run the patches on a clean ROM (0591)

At the moment I know that the other EZ-Flash products have support but I have yet to make sense of all the information. Some of it's in Chinese and some people say not to use it because it messes up your card. So I'll leave it out for the time being.
If anyone has any comments to make or information to add please post a reply.

I will make this VERY clear before I get any more questions on this matter...
You CAN NOT run the browser without a SLOT-2 FLASHCART

- Sam

jbullfrog

M3 Simply
Onyx Black DS lite
1 GB Japanese Kingston microSD

Joey Ravn

Awesome. And I loved the way the player is designed :D
his user has been randomly banned from this forums.

sinkhead

Yay, it took me a while to get the 'screen' in the right position! It looks perfect on 1024x768, I'm not sure about other resolutions...

- Sam

Hi

Does someone think that they could create an isp patch of the patched opera browser.

I'm er... not scared of the command prompt or anything like that, know, the command prompt doesn't scare me because... er... because... that would be just silly... right? So... umm... I'm not scared of using the command prompt... oh no... I just thought that... well... it would be helpful... yes, that's it helpful if someone who isn't scared of the command prompt... I mean knows how to use the command prompt would patch the rom for me.

OKAY, I ADMIT IT, THE COMMAND PROMPT SCARES ME! I CAN PROGRAM IN QUICKBASIC, MODIFY AN NDS WITH FLASHME, AND LEARN HOW TO USE A FLASHCARD BUT I'M SCARED OF THE COMMAND PROMPT! :cry:

er... seriously, an ips patch would be nice.

zektor

Wow, I remember the days of MS-DOS 5....I lived in a command prompt :) Every time I drop to the prompt, I am immediately at home :)
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo Wii - cIOS38 Revision 12 (and more)
Madden PSP Slim v5.00 M33-6

sinkhead

Right, I'll make an IPS patch for you, because I'm so darn nice  :lol:

- Sam

EDIT: Or use the IPS Patches, for the M3 or the SuperCard. They are both about 2.6 Mbytes.

Hi

Thankyou! Those will be nice for when I get a slot-1 cart. Now just to choose which one...

sinkhead

I got my R4 just now, I'm doing a live webcam and chat feed in a few hours where you can watch me do things with the R4 and also ask me questions about it, ask me to test games and I will do it there and then in front of you! I'll be posting something about it in the General or Other Flashcarts section soon...
Would you be interested in watching it?

- Sam

Hi

Yes! can you... er, I guess I'll ask that later.

PharaohsVizier

Good stuff, just surprised that no one thought up of it earlier.

WegeHop

I tried patching the browser by following your video and i came across a problem. After i did all of you steps in the video, at the end when you press enter my command prompt said " bspatch.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Can anyone help me fix this problem?

Thankk you
Sports + Video Games = My Life

Zygarth

Try using the ips patch instead.
http://zerosoft.zophar.net/ipswin.htm
With this program, the clean nds and the ips file it's just to easy to f*** up.

sinkhead

WegeHop, Are you sure you're in the correct folder? You get to the correct folder by typing 'cd C:\' where you replace C:\ with the name of the folder you put bspatch.exe in.
For example, if the folder was called 'OperaPatcher' and it was in the root of my C:\ drive, I would type 'cd C:\OperaPatcher'

Maybe you could use the IPS patches instead? I use an IPS patcher called Lunar IPS, it's free and simply and really small too.

- Sam